NIC Recruitment 2023 for Scientist / Scientific Officer | 598 Positions | Deadline: April 4, 2023
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIC) has issued a notification for Scientific and Technical Posts (Scientist / Scientific Officer / Engineer / Technical Assistant) in a variety of disciplines. There are 598 open positions for the aforementioned positions.with B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc/MS/MCA qualifications are eligible to apply.
NIC Hiring for Scientific and Technical Positions in 2023:
|Job Role||Scientific & Technical Posts ( Scientist / Scientific Officer / Engineer / Technical Assistant )|
|Total Vacancies||598 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 35,400 – 1,77,500/-|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Application starts from||04 March 2023|
|Last Date||04 April 2023|
Qualifications in education:
Scientist-‘B’: A pass in a Bachelor Degree in Engineering OR a Bachelor Degree in Technology OR a Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Courses at the B-level OR an Associate Member of the Institute of Engineers OR a Graduate Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers OR a Master Degree in Science (MSc) OR a Master Degree in Computer Application OR a Master Degree in Engineering /Technology (ME /M.Tech) OR a Master Degree in Philosophy (M
A pass in M.Sc./MS/MCA/B.E./B.Tech in any one or a combination of the following streams is required for Scientific Officer/Engineer – SB and Scientific/Technical Assistant
Age Limit (as of April 4, 2023):
- 30 years UR / EWS
- 35 years for SC/ST
- OBC: 33 years old
- PwD: 40-43 years old
- Candidates for military service should be between the ages of 35 and 40.
- Ex-military personnel: According to government regulations.
- serving in government organisations will be granted a 5-year age relaxation.
- The upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC, and PWD, as well as other special orders issued by the Central Government in this regard from time to time.
- The age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidate is applicable for the post reserved for them.
- However, age relaxation for PWD candidates will be applicable regardless of whether the post is reserved for them or not, provided the post is identified as suitable for them.
Scientific Officer/Engineer – SB: Rs. 44,900- Rs.1,42,400/- Scientific/Technical Assistant – ‘A’: Rs. 35,400- Rs.1,12,400/-
598 available positions
71 Scientist-‘B’ Posts
SB: 196 positions for Scientific Officer/Engineer
331 positions for Scientific/Technical Assistant – ‘A’
NIC Recruitment 2023 Selection Process:
- For Scientist “B” and Scientific Officer / Engineer-SB positions, selection will be made through a written examination and an interview; for Scientific/Technical Assistant – “A” positions, selection will be made solely through a written examination.The written examination will be conducted online, with a total of 120 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) to be answered in a maximum of 3 hours.
- The written examination will be given only in English.
- The question paper will consist of 65% technical questions and 35% generic questions.
- Each question will be worth 1 (one) mark, with a 0.25-point penalty for incorrect answers.
For Scientist-B and Scientific Officer/Engineer-SB positions:
- Only those candidates who have been shortlisted (based on merit, position, and reservation policy, among other factors) and have passed the written examination will be invited to an interview.
- The final selection of eligible candidates for appointment will be based on the candidates’ combined performance in both the written examination and the interview.
- It is necessary to attend the selection interview.
- NIELIT will notify shortlisted candidates of the date and location via SMS/e-mail communications to the registered email ID/Mobile phone.
- Interviews will be held in Delhi or any other location/mode approved by the competent authority.
- For the position of Scientific/Technical Assistant-A,: the final selection of eligible candidates for appointment will be based on the merit position (determined by the reservation policy) based on the candidates’ performance in the written examination.
Fees for applications:
- For candidates who are SC/ST/PWD/Women: NIL
- General and everyone else: Rs.800/- per post application (including taxes)
How do I apply for the NIC Recruitment 2023?
Candidates who are interested and qualified can apply online at their official website from 04 March 2023 10.00 am to 04 April 2023 5.30 pm.