UPSC CDS 2023: The Union Public Service Commission has issued a notification for 341 vacancies in the Combined Defence Services Examination. Candidates with a B.E/B.Tech/Any Degree are eligible to apply for this position. The written exam and interview are used in the selection process. Eligible candidates may apply online for this exam on or before January 10, 2023. The eligibility criteria and UPSC CDS application form procedure are detailed below.
UPSC CDS-Combined Defence Services Exam 2023:
UPSC CDS-Combined Defence Services Exam 2023 for Combined Defence Services Examination 2023:
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Services Examination|
|Salary||Rs.15,500 – 2,50,000/-|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||10 January 2023|
UPSC CDS Combined Defence Services Exam 2023 – Detailed Eligibility:
- Degree from a recognized university or equivalent required for I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
- Degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institution required for Indian Naval Academy.
- Degree from a recognized university (with Physics and Mathematics at the 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering is required for admission to the Air Force Academy.
- For IMA: Only unmarried male candidates born between the 2nd of July, 2000 and the 1st of July, 2005 are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 2000 and not later than 1st July, 2005 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy:20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2022 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 2000 and not later than 1st July, 2005
- For Officers Training Academy: (SSC Course for Men) candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 2000 and not later than 1st July, 2004 only are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy:(SSC Non-Technical Course for Women) Unmarried women, widows with no issue who have not remarried, and divorcees with no issue who have not remarried are all eligible. They must have been born between the 2nd of July, 2000 and the 1st of July, 2005.
Note: Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried males for the purposes of admission to IMA/INA/AFA/OTA, Chennai courses and are thus ineligible.
Academy Wise Vacancies: 341 Posts
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 Posts
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 22 Posts
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32 Posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai, (SSC Men) – 170 Posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai, (SSC Women) – 17 Posts
- Lieutenant : Level 10 – 56,100 -1,77,500
- Captain : Level 10 B – 61,300- 1,93,900
- Major : Level 11 – 69,400 – 2,07,200
- Lieutenant Colonel : Level 12A – 1,21,200 – 2,12,400
- Colonel : Level 13 – 1,30,600-2, 15,900
- Brigadier : Level 13A – 1,39,600-2,17,600
- Major General : Level 14 – 1,44,200-2,18,200
- Lieutenant General HAG Scale : Level 15 – 1, 82, 200-2,24,100
- HAG+Scale : Level 16 – 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
- VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG) : Level 17 – 2,25,000/-(fixed)
- COAS Level : 18 – 2,50,000/-(fixed)
- Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier – Rs 15.500 p.m. fixed
UPSC CDS 2023 Selection Process:
The written examination and interview for intelligence and personality tests are used in the selection process.
Scheme of Examination:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
For Admission to Officers Training Academy :
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
Application Fee: Rs.200/-
Note: Female/SC/ST candidates are exempted from application fee.
Mode of Payment: Depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking the facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
How to Apply for UPSC CDS Combined Defence Services Exam 2023?
All interested and eligible candidates can submit their online application to the official website (www.upsconline.nic.in ) on or before 10 January 2023.